? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Join Me on My Journey!!!

Here's the thing...I really didn't want to join Weight Watchers. It wasn't my idea. I couldn't ever afford a program like that anyway. I didn't have the time. I don't have the energy. Besides, I was comfortable in this place called hopeless. I'd become completely numb to the realities of my obesity. I knew that I was years away from developing diabetes. Yah, yeah, yeah. So my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are high. My BMI is high. These things, I'd heard. Yes, I did care, I just couldn't find it in me to try ONE MORE TIME. I'd had it. Tried Dr. Phil. Tried South Beach. Tried low carb. Tried smaller portions. Tried low-sugar. Tried Slim-Fast. Tried supplements. Tried, tried, TRIED!

So how did I get to this point, a die-hard believer in the Weight Watchers program? My good friend PAID for my first twelve weeks. Yep, you read correctly! PAID MY WAY! And she joined with me. You don't turn down those kind of offers. So I went. I weighed in. I was embarrassed. But the classes are incredibly helpful and it's so nice to not feel ALONE in all of this anymore.

Long story, short...I know that Weight Watchers CAN work, but there's still something missing. I'm not succeeding. I'm not consistent in my efforts. I need another dynamic to my weight-loss strategy. I need my faith in God.

My husband and I watched "Facing the Giants" again the other night. Have you seen it? If you haven't, GO. WATCH IT. TONIGHT! It's a great movie, put out by the Southern Baptist Church, which is interesting since I'm LDS (Mormon). Hey, good stuff is good stuff, right? So anyway, the movie is all about a high school football coach whose team cannot win a game. They're putting in the hours, practicing, working their hardest, trying their darndest (kind of like me), but it's not getting them anywhere. They're frustrated and losing hope. The coach realizes one day that he can't do this alone. So he turns it over to God. The team joins him and as their dedication to God, on the field and off, grows stronger, they begin feeling blessed. He wanted to bless them all along, but first needed the invitation to do so.

So now as I face my giant, I am inviting God. I am turning this over to Him. I pray that He will guide me, teach me, and sustain me. I pray that He will magnify my efforts. I pray that this journey will bless my loved ones. I pray that it will bless those who follow this blog. This, like any other trial I or you may face in life, begins with FAITH. I have FAITH that I can do anything with God on my side. What is impossible with God? NOTHING!

But there's more to it than that. I need to be converted. Dallin H. Oaks said, "Testimony is knowing and feeling. Conversion is doing and becoming." I know how to lose weight. I feel that I'm on the right track. But I need to move to the next level now. I need to do, to become. Today I read in Henry B. Eyring's recent conference address that there are three components needed when one is overcoming a trial, or in my case, trying to irradicate bad habits and renew my committment to good health. First we must pray. Pray for faith. Pray for desire. Pray for understanding. Pray for guidance. Pray for specific things. Second, we must work. Work like it depends on us. Remember, faith that God will help, without works is dead. Third, we must wait. This is the hard part sometimes, isn't it? We must be patient and look forward to the time that God will bless out efforts, not knowing when He will, but never doubting that HE WILL.

So here's the plan. I will record my struggles and successes here on this blog. I cannot tell you how many times I've felt alone in my battle with obesity. If you feel a little less alone because of my words, then I will rejoice in that. I will continue attending Weight Watchers until goal is reached. I will study the scriptures, seek out the Lord's will for me through prayer and fasting, and focus more on others than myself. And I know that this will work. Please join me. Let's do this thingy!!!

3 comments:

Aaron, Emily, and Miles said...

Krit--you are amazing and an inspiration. Just reading your blog makes me want to do better myself, especially since we may have a baby on the way soon (and since I'll gain weight on the IVF drugs and I want to minimize that side effect.) Love you TONS!!!

Angela said...

Amen Sister!!
I just skimmed through your whole blog... Reading lots, but bookmarking to come back and read more, since I've really set this time aside to start working on my sharing time lesson for Sunday. :) Wow... you are an inspiration! I'm so grateful for your blog and all your thoughts and inspiration that you share. Thank you so much! I really need this. I will start blogging about my journey too as soon as I get a chance.

Being overwheight is a very lonely feeling, especially when your friends [and sisters] AND husband are all fit.

I need a support group of moms who are struggling to lose weight too. You are awesome. Keep up the blogging!! XO

K Walton said...

Thanks you guys! Knowing that my words are being read by my wonderful friends in cyberspace really motivates me to take care of myself. We don't have to be alone anymore =)