? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 15, 2009

FOOD FOR THE BODY

Totally Legal Chicken Salad (from www.weightwatchers.com )

3/4 pound(s) cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup(s) celery, finely diced
1/3 cup(s) dill pickle(s), finely diced
1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Place all ingredients in a large bowl; mix until blended. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving. Each 2/3 c. serving equals 3 points.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Ok, can I just say, you're way awesome!!! I'm so glad that you've got this up and going! You'll be happy to hear that I exersized for the first time today since we moved in here (about 3-ish weeks)! You're such a beautiful person and this has been very inspirational for many that have read it (me included)! I have another blog (I might have mentioned it in a previous comment, but I'm just going to post it on here instead of facebook). It is Chris's cousin's wife and she started up her blog for the same reasons you did...to be happy with herself, to help others and just as a sort of journal in general. Her name is Natalie and she posts fashion for different body types and exercise videos that can be found online and just different things that might be of value too! Wishing you the best in this journey we're on together! LYLAS (love ya like a sistah!)

http://radiantwomen.wordpress.com/

Rachel said...

Way to go! You're such an inspiration- I ran for the 1st time in weeks because of your blog. And you are totally worth it. Thanks for the pick-me-up. I'm leaving a great recipe below- quick, healthy, yummy- the best kind.

Honey Lime Pork Chops
1/2 c lime juice
1/2 c reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves
6 (4 oz-- the skinny ones) pork loin chops

1. combine 1st 4 ingredients in bowl/ bag and add pork chops, coating them.
2. refrigerate 8 hrs or overnight-- the longer the time, the limier they are.
3. grill chops covered over med heat or broil 4 in from heat for 6-7 min or til juices run clear.
calorie- 200
total fat- 5 g
sat fat- 2 g
carbs- 11 g
protein- 26 g
sodium- 884 mg

K Walton said...

Rach and Sandi! I love you guys! Rachel, I hope you don't mind if I post your recipe for today. I really appreciate your input on my blog. Thanks for the website suggestion, Sandi! I'll have to spend some time and check it out. You guys are awesome!

K Walton said...

Sandi, by the way, way to go on exercising! I checked out the blog you mentioned and I'm going to add it to my linkns here on this site. You're the best!