? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, May 17, 2009

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

So everyone knows that Subway is good for you right? Well, yes and no. It's certainly a better option than most greasy fast food joints, but keep in mind that you can pretty much go overboard anywhere. The other day I went to Subway and ordered a footlong roasted chicken breast sub on wheat bread with cheese, honey mustard and lots of yummy vegetables. Pretty virtuous, right? Throw in one oatmeal raisin cookie. No chips. No drink. No mayo. So I went home and checked out how many points were in my meal at www.dwlz.com . (I do Weight Watchers). I was astounded to find that my sandwich alone racked up a whopping 14 points. The cookie was another 4.5. Over 18 points just for lunch!

From this experience, I learned that you really should do your research before going out to eat. Also, I learned the importance of portion control. I really probably didn't need a footlong sub. If I had ordered just a six-inch sandwich (even though it's not as good of a deal), the damage would have been significantly less. Lesson learned, and on we go!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I hear you about the research thing. I had ranch dressing on my salad at Red Robin this week and was SHOCKED to find out that it had 66 g of fat just in that little serving! FOR THE LOVE!!!!

K Walton said...

Holy MOly! That must be why you were so upset about Ranch dressing on Facebook! Thanks for the post! You're the awesomest pawsomest!