? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT--16 Key Principles for Overcoming Obstacles (Courtesy of the 2000 Stripling Warriors)


This morning, I was tempted to read a magazine while I ate breakfast, but the spirit reminded me of my commitment to start each morning off with meaningful scripture study and prayer, so I noshed on some yummy oatmeal while reading in Alma 57 and 58. I read about the stripling warriors--what courage, determination, and faith they had! As I was reading, I started to really see modern-day connections to how we can all deal with adversity and overcome great obstacles. Here is a list of lessons from these two chapters. I highly suggest you grab your scriptures and read along with me. It's pretty powerful stuff. Yup, you heard me. Stop reading this and go get them. I'll wait ...

Are you back? OK. Here's my list:

16 Key Principles for Overcoming Obstacles
(Courtesy of the 2,000 Stripling Warriors)

1. Recognize your desire. (Alma 57:7)
2. Beware of the enemy. (Alma 57:9)
3. Be persistent. (Alma 57:11-12)
4. Unite with others. (Alma 57:13)
5. Fight with all your strength. (Alma 57:19)
6. Live righteously. (Alma 57:21)
7. Thank God for successes. (Alma 57:26)
8. Trust God to show the way and open doors. (Alma 57:27)
9. Be patient. (Alma 58:7)
10. Pray! (Alma 58:10)
11. Take courage. (Alma 58:12)
12. Go forth with all your might. (Alma 8:13)
13. Keep on moving. (Alma 58:26)
14. Be prepared. (Alma 58:29)
15. Recognize God's help. (Alma 58:39)
16. Always remember what God has done. (Alma 58:40)


I hope that I can take these steps and APPLY, APPLY, APPLY! I am so thankful for these valiant men! Like the stripling warriors, if faithful, we may be injured in our many battles in life, but with God on our side, we will not suffer spiritual death. We will win.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE this post! I'm so happy for you that you lost 7 pounds!!! How exciting! We're still praying for you here!

And thanks for this spiritual gold nugget. :) I love that story.