? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, May 17, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

In Luke 6:38, we read what the Lord promises those who honor their covenants. It states,
". . . and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, . . . running over. . ."

This scripture is so cool to me, because in my mind, I picture a measuring cup being filled with brown sugar. Not only does the Lord fill our cup, but then He squishes it all down, so He can fit even more blessings. Then when there is no more room, He allows the blessings to spill over.

I have seen this principle work in my life. As I look at all I have been given: the gospel, a wonderful husband, four beautiful children, the opportunity to live in a free country, and so many more blessings, I am absolutely overwhelmed. What's even more incredible to me, is the promise of blessings to come, if I continue faithful to my covenants: pure happiness, knowledge, wisdom, mercy, and ultimately, life everlasting. I thank the Lord for my brown sugar blessings!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love this post and the brown sugar analogy! I've never thought about it that way, and I love the way you put things! It's so visual and yummy sounding! :)

Thanks for the uplifting "brown sugar blessing" post! I may have to borrow that from you for an object lesson some time!

K Walton said...

Borrow away! Thanks, Em!