? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, May 14, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

As Jesus returned from the transcendent spiritual experience on the Mount of Transfiguration, He was approached by a desperate father whose son needed help. The father pleaded, "If thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us."

Jesus replied, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."
And straightaway the father...cried out, and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief" (Mark 9:22-24) ((Taken from Kevin W. Pearson's conference address, "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, April 2009)

This passage reminds me of the lyrics to my favorite hymn, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing."

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love..."

I don't know about you, but the father's words, "help thou my unbelief," really strike a chord with me. I have a deep and abiding testimony, but there are always times that I wonder if my faith is sufficient.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie taught: "Faith is a gift of God bestowed as a reward for personal righteousness. It is always given when righteousness is present, and the greater the measure of obedience to God's laws the greater will be the endowment of faith" (Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed. [1966], 264).

So when I find my faith dimming, it is then that I must recommit myself to obedience of God's commandments. I must redouble my efforts, then wait patiently for God's blessings to come, knowing with a surety that they are on their way.

Elder Pearson then warned us of the 6 Destructive D's, forces that can erode our faith if we are not watchful:

doubt
discouragement
distraction
lack of diligence
disobedience
disbelief

I hope that I can be watchful, ever buiding my faith by adhering to God's law, thus placing myself in the path of His richest blessings.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I came across your blog and think it's so inspirational fun and wonder if you would like to help more Mormon's to be able to find it! I hope you will post it on our new website: www.ForSaleByMormon.com. ForSaleByMormon.com creates a very easy and effective way for LDS Church members to communicate with each other about their businesses, products, services, blogs and more. Members now have better access to LDS business owners who provide products and services in their community and nationwide. We are in the process of building our site, to post is FREE. If you could benefit from directing more members to your blog or have a business you would like to promote please join our community today. If you know of anyone who could benefit from the site please forward it on. Thanks!

K Walton said...

Yes! What do I need to do? I tried to post a link on your site and had a little difficulty. Thanks for your comments!