? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

1 Nephi 11:31

"And he spake unto me again saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the Lamb of God going forth among the children of men. And I beheld multitudes of people who were sick and afflicted with all manner of diseases, and with devils and unclean spirits; and the angel spake and showed all these things unto me. And they were healed by the power of the Lamb of God; and the devils and the unclean spirits were cast out."

Anyone who's ever experienced depression or discouragement of any kind, at any level, can surely relate to this passage of scripture. Anyone who's been broken-hearted or broken-down can see the miracle in the Lord's saving grace. If you are depressed today, can you 'Look!' to Him? Do you believe that He truly can lift you from your affliction of mind and spirit?

I personally have battled with depression on more than one occasion, which has often been intensified by feelings of self-contempt due to my being overweight. Every time I have found myself feeling depressed, I have eventually been turned back to the Savior. I can truly testify to you that I have been 'healed by the power of the Lamb of God.'

This is a promise that applies to us day by day. Each time we fall, we can look to Him for comfort. Every single time we fail in any way, He is there waiting to guide us back. Every time we sin, we can know that 'he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world' (vs. 33).

All of you that are struggling in any way, do something today to invite Him into your life. Pray a little longer, really ponder the promises made in His scripture, help a neighbor, attend the temple. As we draw closer to Him, we are allowing Him to heal our tired and broken hearts. Then, as He becomes a partner in our lives, true miracles will happen in our lives daily.

1 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow, thank you SO much for sharing such personal feelings and thoughts! I really love this post! Completely touched my soul! Keep them comin'!! I look forward to reading these everyday!