? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 12, 2009

FOOD FOR THE BODY



Fresh Tomato Salsa (from http://www.bhg.com/)



Serves 12
Points: 0


1-1/2 c. finely chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chile peppers, drained
1/4 c. chopped green sweet pepper
1/4 c. sliced green onions
3 to 4 T. snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
2 T. lime juice or lemon juice
1 to 2 fresh jalapeno, serrano, fresno, or banana peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Seed and finely chop hot peppers.* In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chile peppers, sweet pepper, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.

If desired, for a smooth salsa, place 1 cup salsa in a food processor or blender. Cover; process just until smooth. Stir into remaining salsa. Cover; chill until serving time. Makes 12 (1/4-cup) servings. Can keep in refrigerator for up to five days.

*Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

ooooo, this looks SO yummy! I've been looking for something crunchy to snack on during my afternoons! This might just hit the spot! (better than doritos, right) I have a confession to make though...I haven't worked out in a while (*looking around sheepishly*) But, since I've been eating healthier, thanks in part to your blog, I've dropped a couple of pounds since the last time I weighed myself (I tend to avoid scales...I really feel they're pure evil!...so it's been a few weeks since the last time)!

K Walton said...

That's awesome!!!! I actually like to eat this salsa on chicken too. Or Baked Tostito chips. They're not too bad for you as long as you can limit your portion size. I'm so proud of you for eating healthier. Each time I make a healthy choice it only gets easier. Keep it up, Sandi! You inspire me! (P.S. I think you're right about scales...hee hee)