? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT

We've all heard that 'with God, nothing is impossible,' but have we ever really considered what that truly means? Today, I would like to bring out a few specific examples from the scriptures of God's omnipotent nature. Here are three that I found especially pertinent to making my point:

1. Gideon versus the Midianites. "The Lord said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many. . . lest Israel vaunt themselves. . . , saying, Mine own hand hath saved me." The Lord directed Gideon to reduce the number of those in his army from twenty-two to ten thousand. Then, he again told Gideon that there were too many. So again, Gideon dismissed many of his troops, leaving himself with an army of just three hundred. Then, when Gideon's army was clearly outnumbered by the enemy, the Lord delivered the victory.

2. Sarah gives birth at age ninety. Surely God, who is all-powerful, could have blessed Sarah with a child much earlier in life, but He chose to do it when she was older. Why? He wanted to exhibit His power to make impossible things come to pass. When asked if Sarah wasn't too old to bear a child, the Lord replied, "Is any thing too hard for the Lord?"

3. Moses parts the Red Sea. Can you imagine the miracle of the moment the prophet of the Lord raises his hands and the deep water rises obediently to each side, allowing for passage through the sea, on dry ground?

As Russell M. Nelson stated so eloquently, "To teach His people, the Lord employs the unlikely." Why would Gideon be asked to release able-bodied men to fight a large and vicious army? I believe that the reason was simple: to bear a witness to the Lord's incredible, power and knowledge.

"Suppose for a moment you are a member of a team. The coach beckons you from the bench and says: 'You are to enter this contest. I not only want you to win; you shall win. But the going will be tough. The score at this moment is 1,143,000,000 to 6, and you are to play on the team with the 6 points" (Russell M. Nelson, With God Nothing Shall Be Impossible, Perfection Pending, Deseret Book, 1998, p. 106-107).

Again, I bear testimony that with God, nothing is impossible. As you strive to lose weight, better you financial situation, overcome depression, gain understanding, increase testimony, or whatever adversity you desire to overcome, the Lord can and will work great miracles in your life, according to your faith and willingness to submit to His will.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So true, and so good! I love the quote by Elder Nelson...I think I need to get a copy of that book! It sounds awesome!

I know I've often had that thought about motherhood, i.e., are you sure, God, that I can do this? I mean, you're putting these really sweet, innocent children in very feeble hands!

K Walton said...

Not so! You are a great mom! Still, I know how you feel! Sometimes I wonder if I could ever do anything well without God...

Devon said...

This is an amazing post. I LOVE the quote--"To teach His people, the Lord employs the unlikely." I SO know that.

I'm so glad I found your blog. You are an inspiration!