? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT


It has been several months since I first started this blog, which has been more than anything, a place to "capture" my spiritual musings and impressions. In this time, I have begun to see more and more, that as I struggle to lose weight, what I am really learning is to prioritze what truly means the most to me in life. This blog is becoming more and more a reflection of me, and hopefully, as I strive to improve my health, my readers will come to see that I am also working on my spiritual vital signs. After all, what good would it be for me to ward off impending diabetes or heart disease, if I allowed my spirit to become diseased due to spiritual apathy.

"This is our one and only chance at mortal life--here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojurn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future. . . Instead, find joy in the journey--now" (Thomas S. Monson, "Finding Joy in the Journey" Ensign, November 2008, 85).

This time, as I attempt to improve my health, I attempt also to realign those things that truly are of most importance: Am I spending enough quality time with my family? Am I keeping a positive, noncynical attitude about life in general? Am I selflessly serving those around me? Am I living up to the covenants I have made? Am I truly finding joy in this journey? Am I finding magical moments in each day of life? Am I recording the miracles I witness each day so my posterity can have my personal witness that God loves and blesses each of us?

I hope so. I hope and pray that these things will be foremost in my mind. While losing weight is a worthy and worthwhile goal, I am realizing more and more that my spiritual health is even more critical. While taking care of my body enables me to live longer, taking care of what is the very most important here on earth, allows me to live fuller.

1 comments:

Nicole Biddle said...

"While taking care of my body enables me to live longer, taking care of what is the very most important here on earth, allows me to live fuller." - I love this sentence!! Well said! Thanks Kristen!