? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Oh My!

Wow.  I'm not sure I can put into words quite why I have been away from my blog for so long.  First of all, I have this little baby.  He is wonderful!  My little Bennett is now nine  months old and as cute as he can be!  He's a little mop top with the biggest hazel eyes, the longest eyelashes, and the roundest little face.  Here's a pic (OK, so a few) to get you up to speed: 






He is my biscuit and I am smitten.  Anyway, the other reason I haven't written for so long is that I've been dreading having to report to my loyal readers, that I have been doing QUITE HORRIBLY with my health goals.  I have gained all my weight back.  Poo!

I am reminded that SELF-COMPASSION is key to personal betterment.  If I lost myself for a little while, in order to bring this little man to mortality, IT WAS SO WORTH IT.  He is here.  I am here.  And now it's time to get back to work.  I am feeling my heart girding up its proverbial loins, once again preparing to battle this Goliath called obesity.  I know that the Lord is prepared to assist me as I pick myself up and move forward in faith.  I am feeling excited about this opportunity.  Adventure awaits.  I am up for the challenge.

So here's what I am doing to reinvent myself.  First, I am making lotsa lists!  LOTSALOTSA!  Each morning, I roll out of bed, do the tuck and tumble so I land on my knees and I pray for HELP, DIRECTION, GUIDANCE, ENERGY, and PURPOSE.  Then, I get those kiddos off to school, come home, eat breakfast, make my list, listen to audio scriptures while doing a load of dishes and a load of laundry, then I plug away at that list all the live-long day and just try to get as many check marks as I can!  I have not yet figured out how to fit exercise into my day in a practical way because I am super busy just trying to get all the other stuff done, but I'll keep trying.  I have started tracking all my food on myfitnesspal.com, which is an awful lot like the tracker I used for Weight Watchers, but it's free.  I am doing pretty well at tracking but not so well at eating exactly what I should.  I have good days and bad days.

Did I mention that I quit my job about a month ago.  This was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.  In my entire life.  Like, ever.  Why?  Because we really, really, really needed that money!  And now we don't have it.  Ouch.  But, I prayed about it, and felt prompted to quit.  I love that today in general conference, L. Tom Perry said:  "The decisions made by women today will be eternal in their consequences."

Every time I tried to ignore this prompting, I had to wonder to myself:  "If this is truly a prompting from the Lord, and I choose to ignore it, what is the price I will pay for my disobedience?"  Thinking of my children and how much I love them, I didn't even want to think about it.  Though it was SUPER hard to quit my wonderful, flexible, near-perfect job, I chose to obey.  Now, as we begin to really feel the financial pinch, I must choose faith.  Satan is working on me though, and the doubts sometimes fly.  I believe that I chose obedience and I believe as I "go and do the thing the Lord commandeth," that He will provide a way.

I want to begin this journey back on the right foot, so I am going to once again place myself in the center of His will.  I know that as always, He will lead me along.  And though I don't know where the path leads, I do know that I will get there.  I will.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your little man is beautiful! You are such an inspiration to me!

Valerie said...

He is so adorable!! I was a stay-at-home mom even though it was a financial sacrifice (big one), but now that my kids are a bit older and I have to work, I look back on those years as such a blessing. Enjoy the days, even through the hard times.

K Walton said...

Thanks, guys. Your words are so comforting, Valerie. I am trying to cherish every moment. :)