? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Fast Day

I hunger, Lord, and sense my need,
Yet not for want of bread alone.
Upon the Bread of Life I'd feed
And shun the temptor's loaves of stone

While wandering through this wilderness
While none but Thee fills emptiness.
I thirst, dear God, and parched, I seek
For water from Thy cooling well,

A living drink which quenches deep.
Thy fountain must my drought dispel
Lest in an arid world I die
My deepest thirst unsatisfied.

I faint, O Lord, and feel the lack
Of nourishment for my weak flesh.
My weak spirit too grows slack.
Thy power must my strength refresh

While in this desert I endure
The temptor's wiles and sin's allure.
I've lifted up my prayers to Thee;
With hungry souls I've shared my bread.

Hear then, my cry, my heartfelt plea.
Say "Here am I!" Upon me shed
Thy light to guide my pathless way
And my darkness as noonday.

(John S. Tanner, Ensign, August 2009, 39)

0 comments: