? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT


In January of 1999, I attended a fireside where Sheri Dew spoke. At the time, I was struggling with frustration and a sense of self-doubt due to some recent setbacks. I remember that night very clearly as being a spiritual turning point for me. Here are some of the thoughts I wrote down from that address:

"Sisters, read with me, D&C 93:1-2: 'Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am. And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world.' Now, sisters, note this: The verse says every soul. . . it doesn't say every darling woman with great hair" (Man, I still love that one!)

"Of all our needs, I believe that the greatest is the increase of our faith."

And this is the one that changed my life: "Sisters, I think that if God were here tonight, he would say this to you: You are doing better than you think you are. You are doing great things! Thank you. Keep trying. Keep trying. Keep trying."

And to my fabulous blog readers, I too would echo Sister Dew's sentiments that you are doing a great job as mothers, sisters, and wives! Remember that when we become discouraged to the point of inability to function, we have allowed Satan to win the battle. We must then pick ourselves up, look toward heaven and move forward, with faith that with God all things are possible.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I love Sister Dew!!! She's way awesome and I love this little tid bit from her as well. Thank you for sharing these thoughts! You're awesome! LYLAS!

Devon said...

Ah, I needed to read that tonight. Thank you!!

K Walton said...

I LYLAS too, Sandi! And Devon, I LYLAS! (Love ya like a sistah!)

Nicole said...

Wow! How do you know exactly which thoughts and quotations I need to hear? You're the bom! And like my little sis said, "LYLAS!"

K Walton said...

Hey, LYLAS too, Nicole!