? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT--Press Forward

It's time for another verse dissection! I love to pick apart verses that I've heard a million times to make sure they haven't become so familiar that I miss out on their beautiful messages. Today I was reading a good old scripture mastery verse. . . 2 Nephi 31:20:

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father, Ye shall have eternal life."

Wow! What a beautiful passage this is! It almost seems like a little syllabus from a Professor, doesn't it? First, we are told to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ. I noticed in the footnotes, the words commitment, dedication, perserverance, steadfastness, and walking with God. Am I fully committed to live the gospel of Christ? Am I dedicated to the cause of building up Zion? Am I willing to perservere through adversity, doubt, my own weaknesses, and all other difficulties that are simply part of life? Am I steadfast in my devotion to the Savior? Do I walk each day with God, exercising faith in His will for me?

Then I love the phrase "a perfect brightness of hope." I love that we are actually commanded to hope. God knows that it will take time for each of us to reach our spiritual potential. He also knows that at times, we are bound to become overwhelmed with the task of becoming our best selves. But here, He offers us a lifeline...hope. What a beautiful message of abiding and understanding love from a Father who cares about each of us on an intimate level.

Next I wonder if I truly love God. I mean, of course I love Him, but do I show it in all my actions? Do I love my fellow men or am I so caught up in the minutia of life, that I rarely think of others?

Do I have the courage to press forward, even when life is hard? What about during the times when my faith is tested? Am I feasting upon His word as if my very spiritual life depended on it? Do I hunger and thirst for what He alone can offer?

Will I endure to the end? I have often wondered exactly what "enduring" implies. I think I now have a glimpse of its meaning...in verse 16 of this same chapter it explains: "...unless a man endure to the end, in following the example of the Son..." Again, this is such a beautiful message!

If I can live my life according to this verse, I get....eternal life! Exaltation! To live with my Father and with my loved ones FOREVER! Sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn't it? I am so thankful for this specific verse and for the lessons it teaches me about the gospel and about the love of a Father and a Brother.

0 comments: